Sunday, August 10, 2008

Servantes


Oddly enough, second pic from the wedding is the DJ! What gives? Well, two things. I really liked this photo and wanted to work it up. Secondly, turns out I met this guy a few weeks ago when he played a gig for a product launch at work. But I knew him as a spanish guitar maestro. Of course he knew me as a 'shirt'. So go figure. Anyway, here's Servantes - a DJ, but even more, a kickin' spanish guitar player.

I actually worked this picture up a number of different ways. I developed about six different versions and then blended bits from each together to make the final. What I was trying to do was separate him from his background, by bringing out detail in his hair and the rim light, while desaturating his face a bit and then vignetting heavily. I think it worked out. And oddly enough, the original picture is also quite nice.

No comments: