Saturday, May 17, 2008

Look Who's Turning 1!!!???


This is a landmark day. A year ago I wrote: "The purpose of this blog is simple: to challenge myself to post one new picture per week, for one year. The reason: to force myself, through a type of artificial project, to be creative. Or, more specifically, to use discipline - external or intrinsic - to foster and nurture my creativity behind the lens."....

Indeed,..Objectif Image..the Blog..has turned ONE!! I am, if I say so myself, a wee bit chuffed. With myself that is. For having stuck with it. For having tried. Not given up. Come back to it, even when there was so much else going on. It gave me a focus, a discipline, a reason, much as I intended. It made me practice. Think. Try. It did exactly what I wanted it to do. 59 posts in 52 weeks. I did it.

I feel I have improved. I've grown. I've learned. That's what I wanted. I'm on a journey. Mastering photography is in fact a lifelong journey. I've got a ways to go. But I'm not a quitter.

And so, with no further ado, I post the last of the first year photos. In the spirit of comleting the circle, I post a photo of Mattias - the subject of my first photo post. He's a year older now. It's a nice photo of my almost 5 year old son, having a story read to him by his grandpa. Reminds me of the quote: "You may have tangible wealth untold, caskets of jewels and coffers of gold, richer than I you can never be, I had a grandfather (sic) who read to me!"

To celebrate I will be publishing a book: Objectif Image - Year One. More on that later. For now...thanks for joining me.

glenn

No comments: